F-1 and M-1 Visas For Students

These are visas to study in the USA, either at a university (engineering, administration, etc.) or at a vocational school (hairdressing, cooking, etc.). The studies must be on a full-time basis. It is worth mentioning that the lack of knowledge of the English language is not an impediment to obtain a student visa. The purpose of the studies may be to learn English or English can be a prerequisite of the institution before taking regular classes. Furthermore, some institutions offer classes in languages other than English. The spouse and children younger than 21 years can also enter the USA for the duration of the Student Visa. However, it is required that the applicant demonstrates that all family members can be sustained economically without working in the USA. All the beneficiaries of a Student Visa may apply for permanent residence through other means such as Labor Certification, Visa Lottery, Marriage to an American citizen, etc.

Both F-1 and M-1 Visas require the following:

  1. An educational institution accredited by the U.S. Government for student visa purposes
  2. The alien has to have been accepted by the educational institution and be able to demonstrate that he or she has the finances to pay for tuition and living expenses without working in the United States.

South Florida immigration attorney Jorge L. Delgado can advise you if you are applying for a student visa.

Contact J.L. Delgado Law Offices today to setup up a consultation at either our Naples Florida office, Davie Florida office or online. We also invite you to connect with us on social media


Non-Immigrant Visas

Contact Us

All fields marked with an astrick are required