I-601A Application For Provisional Waiver

Applying for provisional waiver

Starting March 4, 2013, certain immigrant visa applicants who are spouses, children and parents of U.S. citizens (immediate relatives) can apply for provisional waiver for unlawful presence before they leave the United States. Since this was passed, South Florida immigration attorney Jorge l. Delgado has helped many families with their I-601A waiver application.

The provisional unlawful presence waiver process allows individuals, who only need a waiver of inadmissibility for unlawful presence, to apply for a waiver in the United States and before they leave the United States for their immigrant visa interviews at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad. With this waiver, families are separated for only a matter of weeks, if not days, instead of months or even years as it was in the past. The provisional waiver process is available for foreign nationals who among other requirements:

  • Are spouses, children, or parents of U.S. citizens.
  • Their only immigration violation is their unlawful presence.
  • Can demonstrate that refusal of their admission to the United States will cause extreme hardship to their U.S. citizen spouse or parent.

A knowledgeable South Florida immigration lawyer such as Jorge L. Delgado can help you determine whether or not an I-601A can help you solve your immigration problems. Furthermore, attorney Jorge L. Delgado can represent you and advise you throughout the application process.

Contact J.L. Delgado Law Offices today to setup up a consultation at either our Naples Florida office, Davie Florida office or online. We also invite you to connect with us on social media.


Contact Us

Fields marked with an asterisk are required.