Adjustment of Status

Adjustment of status based on family and employment petitions

American immigration laws permit the change of an individual’s immigration status while in the United States from nonimmigrant or parolee (temporary) to immigrant (permanent) if the individual was inspected and admitted or paroled into the United States and is able to meet all required qualifications for a green card (permanent residence) in a particular category. The common term for a change to permanent status is adjustment of status and is the process of obtaining a green card without leaving the United States.

Many times, a foreign national needs the advice of an experienced immigration attorney to guide him / her on whether or not she qualifies for a green card. South Florida Immigration attorney, Jorge L. Delgado has more than 15 years of experience representing foreign nationals applying for adjustment of status based on family and employment petitions. Contact us today to setup up a consultation at either our Naples Florida office, Davie Florida office or online. We also invite you to connect with us on social media.

If Adjustment of Status is not an option, then the foreign national must travel abroad to obtain the immigrant visa. The process of traveling outside the United States to receive the green card is called Consular Processing.

Contact Us

Fields marked with an asterisk are required.